Currently the Pixelmon ecosystem has four released collections available for purchase on secondary marketplaces. Pixelmon Generation 1, Serums, a collection of 20 Elite Trainers, and the newest collection of Pixelmon Trainers, many of which are still claimable through purchasing, owning, and staking a Pixelmon Generation 1 NFT.
Below we will unpack the main benefits that these collections possess both in-game and through passively holding the NFT.
Pixelmon Generation One — https://opensea.io/collection/pixelmongen1
Serum NFTs — https://opensea.io/collection/pixelmon-ev-serum
Elite Trainers — https://opensea.io/collection/pixelmon-trainers
Trainer Collection — https://opensea.io/collection/trainersgen1
Pixelmon Generation one
Our first collection, and the key to our ecosystem, the Pixelmon Generation 1, has been released with 68 playable species. Each of these Genesis NFT’s and their benefits are unique, with no more outside the initial 10,020 ever being available for purchase.
Currently there are three types of staking available for Pixelmon Generation 1 NFT’s, which unlock animation and sound for your NFT, and subsequently allow you to stake your Pixelmon Generation 1 to claim a Pixelmon Trainer. More on these staking methods and benefits are available here. Animations and sound & affinity.
Alongside the benefits above, Pixelmon Generation one will also provide access to;
- Urban Land Claim: All Pixelmon evolution 1 NFT will be able to receive an Urban Land NFT of the same Tribe as the Pixelmon origin. Urban Land will generate governance tokens if staked, based on their rarity tier. Furthermore Urban land holders will be eligible to earn a payout according to RoG logic
- Peripheral Land Claim: Generation 1 NFT holders will be able to claim a plot of Peripheral land of the same Tribe. Peripheral land holders too will be eligible to receive governance tokens. As for the urban land, the rarity of the Pixelmon and its luck stat will affect the rarity of the land plot but not in a deterministic 1to1 way. A higher rarity land generates higher payout. Land will be available after Q1 2023.
- Governance Token: All holders will be able to stake their Pixelmon NFT to receive a Governance token payout, the amount of token payout will be proportional to the Pixelmon creatures’ rarity and to the holding time. Token staking pool is forecasted for Q2 2023.
- Right-of-Game (R-o-G): Staking a Pixelmon NFT will also make holders eligible to earn a payout derived as part of the in-game microtransactions and other forms of revenue related to Generation 1 Pixelmon of the same Species. More details on this can be found in our Right-of-Game article. Right-of-Game article.
- In Game Use: Pixelmon NFTs will be eligible for an airdrop L2 version of their Pixelmon Generation 1. They can be used in all instances of the game such as the hub, the open world, in capture battles against wild Pixelmon and in combat arenas against other players. The NFTs stats individual to each Pixelmon will be reflected in the game with more details available on our Stats and Attributes article. Stats and Abilities.
Currently evolution 1 serums are available in 4 different designs with the same utility. As mentioned above the main utility is for a Pixelmon evolution 1 holder to burn the serum NFT to obtain the correspondent evolution 2 Pixelmon in the form of airdrop. In the future, evolution 3 and 4 Serums will be released, which will be used in the same fashion to obtain an evolution 3 from evolution 2 NFT, and an evolution 4 from an evolution 3, respectively.
For Evolution 1 of Generation 1 there will only ever be 4,013 E2 serums (1,805 released at this stage), 1,206 E3 serums (unreleased) and 33 E4 serums (unreleased).
The only utility of the serum’s NFT is to trigger a next evolution Pixelmon creature airdrop when burnt (while holding a respective lower evolution pixelmon). Serum NFT’s cannot be staked and won’t generate any payout in game.
Pixelmon evolution 1 holders that enter the affinity hard staking will receive an unrevealed Trainer NFT for each Pixelmon staked. There are a total of 10,000 unique trainers available for the airdrop. Pixelmon Generation 1 staking and Trainer claims are available and ongoing now, find out more in the following articles. Trainer article & Affinity staking.
Trainers will be eligible for:
- Peripheral Land Claim: All Trainers NFT will be able to receive a plot of peripheral land. Peripheral land owners will be eligible to earn a governance token by staking their NFT. The rarity of the Trainer will affect the tier of the land plot, and its tribe will affect the land location in the map. A higher rarity land gives access to higher payout. Land will be available after Q1 2023.
- Governance token airdrop: All Trainer NFT holders will be able to stake their trainer NFTs to receive a Governance token payout, the amount of token will be proportional to the trainer rarity of their trainer.
- Right-of-Game (R-o-G): Staking a Trainer NFT will also make holders eligible to earn a token payout derived as part of the microtransactions and other forms of in-game revenue related to the gears and skins included in the trainer NFTs, in the same fashion as Pixelmon. More details on this can be found in our Right-of-Game article. Right-of-Game article.
- In game use: Owners will be eligible for a one-off airdrop L2 version of their Trainer Genesis NFT. Trainers will be the main human avatar used by the players to explore the open world and to socialise in the hub. During combat, the trainer’s tribe and rarity and relationship with the trainer will have a multiplier effect on the Pixelmon stats, based on the Pixelmons origin and rarity. This will be explained in further detail with the games release, but in general, a trainer of the same origin of the pixelmon will have a positive multiplier effect on its stats, and vice versa; in the same way, a trainer with a higher rarity than the Pixelmon will have a positive multiplier effect on the Pixelmon stats and vice versa. There are also unique benefits to using the Pixelmon Creature and Trainer that was claimed from it together.
Pixelmon Evolution 2
Evolution 1 Pixelmon NFTs that have completed the affinity pool staking and claimed their trainer will be eligible to receive a corresponding evolution 2 Pixelmon by burning a serum E2 NFT. An evolution 2 Pixelmon will maintain the same rarity, species, and origin attributes of the correspondent evolution 1. Pixelmon E1 can only evolve through Serums once.
Players will still be able to obtain an evolution 2 of their L2 creature NFT in game by burning the Pixelmon evolution 1 after it has reached a minimum level.
Pixelmon generation’s E1’s transition to E2 will be available prior to land and the token airdrop, E2 Pixelmon creatures in existence at the time of the snapshot will also have the right to token and land airdrops, learn more on our roadmap here.
- Land Claim: Pixelmon Evolution 2 will be eligible to receive a Peripheral land airdrop. Like in the other cases the land rarity will be determined by the Pixelmon’s rarity and the tribe origin will match the Pixelmon’s one.
- Governance Token Airdrop: All Pixelmon holders will receive a governance token airdrop, the amount of token will be proportional to the pixelmon rarity.
- Right-of-Game (R-o-G): Same as for Evolution 1 Pixelmon, staking Pixelmon evolution 2 NFT will make holders eligible to earn a token payout once the game is live through Right-of-Game. Higher evolutions will be favoured in the token pools design available for RoG payouts, so that an E2 will have access to higher potential reward than a E1 and so forth.More information on this species related in-game earn is available here. Right-of-Game article.
- In Game Use: Pixelmon evolution 2 NFTs will be eligible for the same L2 airdrop as Pixelmon evolution ones, as mentioned above.
Although E3 and E4 Pixelmon won’t be available until after the land claim and token airdrops, to ensure they’re as rewarded and valuable as other Pixelmon in the ecosystem, they will have higher weightings on the Right-of-Game formula that allows them to compete with the E1 and E2’s.
On top of Pixelmon and Trainers, holders will also be able to claim different types of land NFTs. By staking Land NFTs owners will be able to obtain Governance token yield. Owning a land NFT will make holders eligible to earn a token payout; according to RoG logic, the assigned token payout pool will be derived as a share of the respective Tribe’s revenue in-game.
There are 2 types of Land NFT, Urban Land and Peripheral Land and both will be associated to a specific tribe depending on which social hub or region in the map they are located into.
Land will be expanded and delved into further in a dedicated future instalment of these articles.
As evident throughout the above information, Pixelmon Generation 1 is the key to our ecosystem, both in game and in wider Web3 NFT Space. Currently, every planned deliverable we have can be gained and is accessible through holding a Pixelmon Generation 1 and a serum. All of these expansions within the Pixelmon Ecosystem reward our holders and investors through Right-of-Game (RoG) which can be explored in detail within this article. Right-of-Game article.
Whilst Generation 1 Pixelmon are the cornerstone of our collection, Pixelmon intends to be a bright and vibrant ecosystem that rewards all holders. Below is a chart that shows more clearly the specific upcoming deliverables and airdrops that each collection will be eligible to receive.
To stay up to date with Pixelmon future developments and insights; follow our Twitter account and join our Discord to receive Pixelmon’s latest updates and insights.